So, for my very first FNSI, I made these not-so-terribly exciting 9-patch setting blocks. I wish I had something more "oooh-worthy" to show off, but I did feel like I needed to do these first, given my problems with scant quarter-inch seams. The "ooh" blocks come next though, so there should be some prettier pictures in the next day or so.
I did get to use up a bunch of scraps at least. Some of the blocks were strip-pieced, but a lot of them were just made out of scraps that I trimmed to 2"x2" and then sewed together, kickin' it old-style.
Click on the link below to see what other folks got up to for their Fridays!