I've been participating in the Flickr FWQAL in fits and starts -- I joined in a bit late, came charging out of the gate for my first 30 or so blocks, and then have been producing blocks, shall we say, intermittently since then. Last weekend, I made another block (#59 - Night & Day), photographed some others I'd made in the past few months but never posted, and made a mosaic of the 64 I had completed:
Now, I never intended to do all of them; there were some that were practically duplicates, some that seemed more trouble than they were worth, and one that looked too much like a swastika for my taste, but I still didn't feel like I'd made "enough". So, I was talking this over with my therapist, and I actually hit on what feels like a good idea: however many more I get done by the end of this year (2013) is how many are going into the quilt. My general target is 1-2 a week, which would put the block count in the range of 80-100, and I'm planning to set them in a Garden Maze setting, so that, plus borders, should be plenty big enough.
I'm now up to 67, including the one I made last Friday:
FWQAL #059 - Night and Day
FWQAL #074 - Ribbons
FWQAL #056 - Maple Leaf
I feel like I've been working on these forever, so it's comforting to know that there's an end in sight.