Sunday, February 6, 2011

Scrappy Saturday

February's color for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge is red, but I already knew that I don't have much in the way of red scraps. In fact, for the Mini Tokyo Subway quiltalong, I actually had to buy a pack of red charms from eBay just to have enough. Anyway, I gathered up what I could find, and here's the entire stash, which includes fabrics that would more accurately be called orange or purple, or have generous dollops of other colors:

Red Scraps

Oh well, it'll just make it all sparkle, right? Not sure what I'm going to do with them yet. Probably some mini paper-pieced valentines or something like that.

Meanwhile, back in blue-land, I've made two more in my series of scrappy stars:

Broken DishesFour Boxes

2 comments:

  1. You'll figure out something cute to make...maybe a mug rug. Like your blue blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blocks in blue are very nice. I sure like the design of the 4 boxes one! I have done broken dishes before and made them into mug rugs! It'll be fun seeing your work with the red scraps. I think the addition of the orange and purple ones will be a good look for the RED.

    ReplyDelete